Moroccan Preserved Lemons
Preserved lemons with Moroccan flavours.
Our preserved lemons have a Moroccan flavour to them. Use only the rind and discard the flesh. Add diced rind to soup, chop into salads and mixed in with fish dishes or in pasta, couscous or risotto dishes. Very versatile.Ingredients: lemons, water, salt, honey, spices
Ideas for Moroccan Preserved Lemons
- Finely chop 1 tablespoon of Moroccan Preserved Lemon rind and add it to couscous. To cook couscous follow the directions on the packet (or put 1 cup of couscous in a bowl and add 1 cup of hot stock and 1 tablespoon of butter. Stand for 10 minutes and then fluff with a fork).
- Add 2 teaspoons of chopped Moroccan Preserved Lemon rind to a pot of your favourite chicken soup.
- Mix a tablespoon of finely chopped Moroccan Preserved Lemon rind into a risotto just near the end of cooking.
- Add 2 teaspoons of finely diced Moroccan Preserved Lemon rind, 1 can of tuna and some olive oil to cooked pasta and mix well for an instant delicious pasta meal.
- Finely slice a quarter of a Moroccan Preserved Lemon and scatter over salads. (See Red Harissa recipes).
- Coat large pieces of white fish (e.g. Monkfish or Bluenose) in lemon oil and then quickly sear in a hot pan. Put into an oven dish with 1 tablespoon of finely diced Moroccan Preserved Lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of white wine. Bake until fish is cooked through.